Welcome to our Author Spotlight, where we shine a light on writers, authors and literary wonders from all over the world.
1. First, tell us a little about your book/project?
Siren on The Range in a steamy cowboy suspense book set at Red Hart Ranch, Montana. It is the second book set at RHR and focuses around Jude, the introvert foreman at Red Hart who hates leaving the land...but also deserves to have his own HEA. So, I kinda made him leave for a bit to find his One.
2. What kind of research did you do and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
I've spoken to a lot of Montana residents, research favourite foods and cafes, and found my best source of information was virtual real estate tours of million dollar ranches that gave both a street level and bird's eye view of the land and communities.
3. If you could tell your younger writing self one thing, what would it be?
Publish. Now. And don't stop writing.
4. Can you tell us a bit about your writing space? Is there something you need to have when writing?
I write on my sofa, usually with Paw Patrol or Disney playing in the background. I like a hot drink - tea or coffee, herbal, doesn't matter, but as we often have hot days, the doors have to be open and I must have the fan on if it's too muggy.
5. If you could be a character from any book for 24hours, who would you be?
None. I read a whole lot of suspense and these people like freaking terrifying lives! Would love to be a fly on the wall in a Sarah J Maas book though!