Welcome to our Author Spotlight, where we shine a light on writers, authors and literary wonders from all over the world.
Today our spotlight is shining on Samantha O'Maker, author of multiple romance and paranormal novels, her most recent one being Falling for the Fallen.
1. First, tell us a little about your book/project?
Well, I have 8 works on a reading app, some are free and others are paying.
Every book of mine has a romantic feel to it, but I also write genres such as paranormal, werewolf etc.
My current work is a very steamy romance about a fallen angel. It's called Falling For the Fallen.
2. What kind of research did you do and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
Oh, I'm a fiction writer so I prefer to do very little research. The beauty about fiction is that you can make it anything you want it to be, and I love being unique.
3. If you could tell your younger writing self one thing, what would it be?
Do not give up. And do not let the bad turn you away! Remember that no two people like the same thing.
4. Can you tell us a bit about your writing space? Is there something you need to have when writing a book?
I write on my phone most of the time these days. But nothing beats writing on paper, the flow is completely different when writing upon paper.
5. If you could be a character from any book for 24hours, who would you be?
Buffy! I adore female leads who are no pushovers.