Welcome to our Author Spotlight, where we shine a light on writers, authors, and literary wonders worldwide.
Today our spotlight is shining on Dorothy Riskowitz. Dorothy is the author of paranormal romance Bloody Mardi Gras Kisses.
1. First, tell us a little about your book/project?
My paranormal romance Bloody Mardi Gras Kisses takes place in New Orleans and is about the relationship between Jace a vampire and Lania
an immortal that takes him on a twisted and dangerous journey that makes him question his own immortality.
2. What kind of research did you do and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
I usually research my books for about a month before I start working on them by reading and watching videos on pertaining to whatever book I may happen to be working on at the moment.
3. If you could tell your younger writing self one thing, what would it be?
If I could tell my younger self one thing pertaining to my writing it would have to be try harder and believe in myself more when I was told I couldn’t do it.
4. Can you tell us a bit about your writing space? Is there something you need to have when writing a book?
My writing space is the bedroom that I share with my older daughter Angie. Two of the things I require to work on my books is a cup of hot tea with lemon and honey and music or thunderstorm sounds.
5. If you could be a character from any book for 24 hours, who would you be?
If I could be any character in any book. I would want to be Sookie Stackhouse in the Charlene Harris series. So I could be with Eric my favourite character in the True Blood series.
You can find Dorothy online on Instagram.