Welcome to our Author Spotlight, where we shine a light on writers, authors, and literary wonders worldwide.
Today our spotlight is shining on CD Britt, author of the fantasy romance series Reign of Goddesses.
1. First, tell us a little about your book/project?
Currently, I am working on book 3 in my Reign of Goddesses series. The first one, Shadows & Vines, was published and the second, Sirens and Leviathans, is in the final phase of editing. The series is about three Goddesses (Hades, Zeus, and Poseidon do not exist) who run things in a post-war world. It is a mix of Urban Fantasy, Romance, and Mythology.
2. What kind of research did you do and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
I spent more time on research than I probably did actually writing. I combed through massive amounts of literature and history sites even though it is my own take on Greek Mythology. I wanted to make sure some of the lore stayed true so my audience could enjoy the changes I made without having to overthink it and lose their focus on the story.
3. If you could tell your younger writing self one thing, what would it be?
Don’t throw away all of your ideas! All of those seemingly random notes at two a.m. could have been turned into some seriously amazing manuscripts!
4. Can you tell us a bit about your writing space? Is there something you need to have when writing a book?
Coffee etc. I have to have my coffee (black… yeah, I know), my music since I make a playlist for my books while I’m writing, and my notebook full of random notes I spend a good amount of time trying to decipher. Oh, and a hoodie. For some odd reason, I need a hoodie on to write.
5. If you could be a character from any book for 24hours, who would you be?
Vhalla from the Air Awakens series.