Welcome to our Author Spotlight, where we shine a light on writers, authors, and literary wonders worldwide.
Today our spotlight is shining on Bethanie Kramer, author of the A Love Like Mine Series.
1. First, tell us a little about your book/project?
I am just about to release the second book in a 3 book series of standalones. They each follow one friend from a college group as they find love. The first one was a second chance romance, "It's Always Been You". The second is called "And Then There Was You". It follows Grace Armstrong as she sabotages herself in the love department. Then falls for a new neighbour. It is full of spice and steam. Has a happy ending, but there are twists and turns throughout that I don't want to give away. The only trigger there might be is in blurb. She is almost assaulted by a friend.
2. What kind of research did you do and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
I had to do a little research on the workings of a civil trial and a little bit about downtown Charlotte, NC. But not too much as I try to keep things fictional to a point. I am a pantser, so my research happens as the character spews out their story.
3. If you could tell your younger writing self one thing, what would it be?
Stop editing while writing the first draft, Just get the story out and then go back. Sometimes I still have to tell myself this.
4. Can you tell us a bit about your writing space? Is there something you need to have when writing a book?
I have a notebook with me everywhere I go. You never know when a piece of the story will pop into my brain. I write mostly on the couch or in the bedroom. I don't have a "space". I wish I did. But being around my family seems to keep my juices going.
5. If you could be a character from any book for 24 hours, who would you be?
This is a super hard question. I've read so many good books in my life. And I have so many favorites. I don't know if I could pick one.